United Kingdom (UK) Intellectual Property - Trademark | From US$ 499
IP & Trademark fees in UK
From US$ 499
- Register your trademark within 1 month.
- We have experience to help you to fill all related form application.
- Support you to get the needed documents.
- Search the trade marks database before registration.
- Renew your trademark with every 10 years.
Register a trade mark
You can register your trade mark to protect your brand, for example the name of your product or service. When you register your trade mark, you’ll be able to:
- take legal action against anyone who uses your brand without your permission, including counterfeiters
- put the ® symbol next to your brand - to show that it’s yours and warn others against using it
- sell and license your brand
How to register a trade mark in UK
What you can register
Your trade mark must be unique. It can include:
- a combination of any of these
And what you cannot
- be offensive, for example contain swear words or pornographic images
- describe the goods or services it will relate to, for example the word ‘cotton’ cannot be a trademark for a cotton textile company
- be misleading, for example use the word ‘organic’ for goods that are not organic
- be a 3-dimensional shape associated with your trade mark, for example use the shape of an egg for eggs
- be too common and non-distinctive, for example be a simple statement like ‘we lead the way’
- look too similar to state symbols like flags or hallmarks
Check if your trade mark is already registered
We, Offshore Company Corp can support you to search the trade marks database before registration to check if anyone has already registered an identical or similar trade mark for the same or similar goods or services.
We can ask the holder of an existing trade mark for permission to register yours. They must give us a ‘letter of consent’ - then send this letter with application.
A letter of consent is simply the written agreement of the owner of the earlier mark to allow your mark to be registered.
The letter of consent should at the least:
- be on the company headed paper of the owner of the earlier mark
- state the application number of your mark for which consent is given
- agree to the registration of your mark, not just its use
- be signed by a responsible person in the company
- state that person’s name and position in the company
- Choosing the right classes for your application
It’s important you choose the correct:
- class, or classes for your goods and/or services
- pre-approved terms within each class
Offshore Company Corp staff with experience will support you choose and fill all related form application to submission to UK Intellectual Property Office.
Our services Fee and UK government fee
Our services is 299 USD/application/class.
UK government fee single trade mark application covering one class will cost US$ 217 (GBP 170). One class is included in the cost of a trade mark application. Extra classes cost an additional US$ 64 (GBP 50) per class.
A single trade mark application covering one class will cost £170.
The same application covering three classes will cost £270:
£170 for the application and first class
£100 for the two extra classes (£50 each) Note that you only pay for the class, not the number of pre-approved terms you select within a class.
Timeline to apply UK trademark
- Preparation and application form: 1 week
- Examination report issued, by UK Intellectual Property Office (IPO): 1 week
- Publication: in 2 months
- Opposition if any: it depend case by case, normally take 1 months if it happened.
- Trademark registered: within 1 week
- Certificate issued: within 5 to 10 days.
Your Trademark can renewal with fees for every 10 years.
UK FS4 form - Trademark Registration form
World Intellectual Property Organization guidelines