Does a Singapore company require a local resident director?
Yes, a Singapore company is required to have at least one local resident director. In order to qualify as locally resident, the person must be:
- Singapore citizen; or
- Singapore permanent resident; or
- Employment Pass holder (the Employment Pass should be from the same company for which he/she wants to act as a director); or
- Entrepreneur Pass holder (the Entrepreneur Pass must be from the same company for which he/she wants to act as a director)
A director must be a natural person and above 18 years old. Corporate directors are not permitted
- Can a foreign individual or a foreign company be 100% shareholder of a Singapore company?
- How can a foreigner apply for a Business/ Company if he does not have a SingPass?
- Singapore Offshore Company Formation - How it works?