1. What is the taxation for international companies in Samoa?
Samoa is a Polynesian island country located in the Western Samoa Islands, South Pacific. Samoa consists of 9 islands, and is widely known as one of the most beautiful island countries in the Pacific Ocean.
Samoa provides a favorable tax system especially for international business. Combined with many attractive business incentives, the island country is one of the best places to form an offshore company.
For local companies operating in Samoa, the income tax rate is 27% (a reduction since January 2007). However, foreign companies doing business there are exempt from all income taxes.
In addition, many other local taxes and fees are also removed for foreign investors, namely capital gains tax, stamp duties, dividends, earnings or interests from outside Samoa.
Samoa’ tax policy is designed to help international business perform their best with low operating costs. In addition, the Samoa government also supports foreign investors with a variety of business incentives and benefits. Advantages it offers include:
- No annual reporting, accounting or any financial auditing requirements
- No required capital when setting up company
- Government fees for business operation are relatively low
- No foreign exchange controls on any currencies
- Strong asset protection legislation
- Complete political, economic and social stability
Contact One IBC now for more useful information on how to incorporate a company in Samoa. We are expertise in consulting and choosing the jurisdictions that best fit businesses’ demands. With many years of experience as an offshore company incorporation service provider, One IBC will be a trusted partner for businesses expanding the global market.