Saint Vincent Intellectual Property & Trademark service | From US$ 499
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Intellectual Property & Trademark service fees
From US$ 499
- Grant the owner of the mark the right to use and exploit the trademark in the jurisdiction of its registration.
- Searching before applying to the register trademark
- Complete the application form according to the St. Vincent Commerce & Intellectual Property Office.
- A trademark registration in the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is valid for 10 years and it can be renewable for periods.
- Application approximate process duration for straightforward cases is about 15 months
The legal basis in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is The Trade Marks Act 2003 and the Trade Marks Regulations 2004 which provide for local trade mark applications.
Trademark means any sign capable of being represented graphically which is capable of distinguishing goods/services of one undertaking from those of other undertakings. It also can be a collective mark or a certification mark, and may, in particular, consist of words (including personal names), designs, letters, numerals, or the shape of goods/packaging.
Registered trademark will grant the owner of the mark the right to use and exploit the trademark in the jurisdiction of its registration. It also helps you to have certain priorities and advantages in registering the trademark in other jurisdictions.
How to register trademark in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Carry out a search before applying to the register trademark to find out whether your trademark is already being used or has been registered as a company or domain name by someone else. In order to conduct a search, we only need the name of the trademark and one copy of the mark (unless mark is word only) or the name of the proprietor (including past names). The result can usually be provided within 5 working days.
- The goods/services shall be clearly and correctly listed under the Nice Classification for the International Registration of Goods and Services.
- Complete the application form according to the St. Vincent Commerce & Intellectual Property Office. Clearly identify any figurative element and the correct title of the mark. Since this country is a member of Paris Convention, claiming priority under Paris Convention could be required. It usually takes six months or less to process an application for registration.
- After registration, the trademark is published in the official gazette. The opposition period is 2 months from publication of the trademark application.
- Once the registration is complete the Office will issue a Certificate of Registration.
Renew of Saint Vincent trademark registration
A trademark registration in the Saint Vincent and the Grenadines is valid for 10 years, and it can be renewable for periods of 10 years.
Government fee US$ 335.
For the first class: US$ 100
Class surcharge for one additional: US$ 50.
Offshore Company Corp support to registration: US$ 499.
Application Approximate process duration for straightforward cases: 15 months.