New Version GO

Can I switch my Offshore Company from one Registered Agent to another ?

Updated time: Mar 3, 2017 , 14:58 (UTC+08:00)

Yes. Change of Agent is a fairly standard procedure for IBC`s. It can be done by requesting the current Registered Agent to resign and pass the administration of Your offshore company to another licensed Registered Agent. Such request should be provided in writing. All reputable Registered Agents would honour such request without question.

Although legally the change of the Registered Agent is pretty straightforward, those clients, who act in bad faith (for instance, trying to avoid the payment of confirmed and past-due company renewal fees) will encounter difficulties. Quite simply, they may not find a single Registered Agent willing to accept the administration of their company.

Related Articles

  1. What documents will I get to ensure my full control over the company and to enable me to resign any officers or agents if I want to?
  2. What are the required documents for the change of registered agent?
  3. Does the registered agent participate in the decision making of the offshore company?
  4. Why should I pay for the Registered Office and Registered Agent if I don't even use them?